I LOVE to do readings and am happy to discuss panels/talks with students and emerging writers!
- Sun, Sept. 9, 2018: Slice Literary Writers’ Conference, Brooklyn, NYC: panel with Jennifer Baker, Michele Filgate, Marcos S. Gonsalez, and T Kira Madden.
- My next online Getting Started course at Catapult will be Thursdays, September 13-27, 8pm EST/5pm PST.
- March 2019: Object Lessons reading, NYC!
- March 27-30, 2019: AWP Conference. Panel: “Extreme Exposure: Going Public with Deeply Personal Stories”
- May 30, 2018: Angels Flight Literary West, East Coast Salon, KGB Bar, The Red Room, NYC
- May 23, 2018: Vol. 1 Brooklyn: Best 3-Minute “Most New York” Stories, Housing Works, NYC
- May 1, 2018: Hacking Finance Live, May Day event, Brooklyn Art Library, NYC, with Myles Johnson, Gregory Pardlo, and Tyler Wetherall
- April 30, 2018: Montclair State University
- April 12, 2018: “Darger Day: Celebrating Realms of the Unreal,” American Folk Art Museum, NYC
- Dec. 9, 2017: Bluestockings Bookstore, Café & Activist Center (NYC), “True Holiday Tales” with Julia Alekseyeva, Swati Khurana, Patricia Matthew, Michele Thomas, and me
- Sept. 10, 2017: Slice Literary Writers’ Conference, “The Art of the Essay in the Age of Trump,” New York
- Aug. 7, 2017: Miss Manhattan Reading Series, New York
- Feb. 27, Brooklyn Public Library: “The CIA and Cold War Cultural Propaganda“
- Feb. 17, 2017 Hofstra University Honors College: “Kelly Mays McDonald & Alison Kinney: Writing Hope, Writing Change”
- Dec. 15, 2016: Art After Trump, Housing Works Bookstore [photo]
- Sept. 10, 2016: Slice Literary Writers’ Conference, “The Art & Evolution of the Essay“
- July 13, 2016: OL Reading at Bloomsbury, London, UK, with Joanna Walsh, Martin Paul Eve, and Jeffrey Jerome Cohen
- Feb. 21, 2016: Sunday Salon Reading, Jimmy’s no. 43, NY, NY, with Matthew Cheney, Thaddeus Rutkowski, and Terese Svoboda (video)
- Feb. 6, 2016: Object Lessons Reading, Skylight Books, Los Angeles, CA: with Ariana Kelly, Evan Kindley, Brian Thill, and me
- Jan. 30, 2016: Illustrated Lecture, “The Executioner, Unhooded,” Morbid Anatomy Museum, Brooklyn, NY
- Jan. 28, 2016: OBJECT LESSONS Books Launch & Party, McNally Jackson, New York, NY: , with Kim Adrian (SOCK), Lydia Pyne (BOOKSHELF), me (HOOD), and special musical appearance from The Wisterians
- Dec. 20, 2016: “An Evening of True Holiday Tales,” KGB Bar, New York, NY: with Bess Lovejoy & Alex Palmer (with fruitcake, gingerbread & Norwegian dream cookies, compliments of yours truly)
- Nov. 7, 2015: panelist, “In Service to Nothing: Radical Scholarship,” Center for Transformative Media, Parsons, The New School for Design, New York, NY
- Oct. 11, 2015: panelist, “Extrajudicial,” Babel Working Group Biennial Meeting: OFF THE BOOKS, Toronto, Ontario