(Image: Marcel Proust’s room, Musée Carnavalet)
- My first piece for The NewYorker.com, on London plane trees, Hurricane Sandy, Handel’s “Ombra mai fù,” and grief and love in the face of climate change, was published for Arbor Day 2017!
- Bloomsbury published my first book, HOOD, in the Object Lessons series.
- I was honored to collaborate with Shani Gilchrist on a Longreads original, “‘See what y’all can work out’: The State of Empathy in Charleston,” on white supremacy and the state of the nation.
- My essay “The Uses of Orphans” (The New Inquiry) was a Notable in Best American Essays 2016.
- Stay tuned for news about the next two books! Thanks for visiting!